Volunteer Orientation Information
Thank you for your interest in volunteering
Your first step to volunteering with our program is to submit an application for a reservation at our next orientation. Seating for attendance at the orientation is limited. All applications received during the specified time frame will be reviewed.
Please do not submit an application unless you are able to start volunteering now, can commit to 100 hours of service over a six-to-seven month period, and are sure you can attend the scheduled orientation. Students interested in starting their service in the fall should plan to apply for a future orientation later this year.
Applications are currently being accepted for the May, 2015 orientation
Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Main Auditorium, UC San Diego Hillcrest
200 W. Arbor Drive, San Diego, 92103
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form
- this is the only form you should submit to be considered to attend the volunteer orientation.
Mail application form to:
UC San Diego Medical Center
200 W. Arbor, #8959
San Diego, CA 92103
- Applications are accepted by US MAIL ONLY (no faxes or e-mails, please) and must be postmarked between March 30, 2015 and April 21, 2015, in order to be considered for the May 5th orientation.
- Paperwork that is not postmarked between these dates will not be considered or retained by the Volunteer Services office.
- E-mail notifications will be sent by April 28, 2015 for those applicants selected for attendance.
- Please do not contact the volunteer office to check on the status of your application.
Additional Forms (Post-Orientation)
These forms should NOT to be submitted with your application. You will need to bring these to your interview AFTER you have applied and been accepted to the volunteer program
UC San Diego Medical Center in HILLCREST
- Review the map to help guide you to UC San Diego Hillcrest, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego.
- You will be responsible for the parking fee in the Arbor parking structure. Please allow ample time to find parking.
Other Important Information
- Review the information on our website.
- Bring a pen to the orientation and please be on time.
Department of Volunteer Services
200 West Arbor Drive
West Wing, Room 100
San Diego, CA 92103-8959
Fax: (619) 543-5809
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday