Volunteer Orientation Information
Thank you for your interest in volunteering
Your first step to volunteering for UC San Diego Health System is always to attend an orientation
Your first step to volunteering with our program is to submit an application for a reservation at our next orientation. Seating for attendance at the orientation is limited. All applications received during the specified time frame will be reviewed. Approximately 180 people will be selected and invited to attend the orientation.
Please do not submit an application unless you are able to start volunteering at this time, can commit to 100 hours of service, and are sure you can attend the scheduled orientation.
Applications are currently being accepted for the October orientation
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Main Auditorium, UCSD Hillcrest
200 W. Arbor Drive, San Diego, 92103
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form - this is the only form you should submit to be considered to attend the volunteer orientation.
Mail application form to:
UC San Diego Medical Center
200 W. Arbor, #8959
San Diego, CA 92103
- Applications are accepted by US MAIL ONLY (no faxes or e-mails, please) and must be postmarked between September 3, 2014 and September 19, 2014 in order to be considered for the October 1st orientation.
- Paperwork that is not postmarked between September 3, 2014 and September 19, 2014 will not be considered or retained by the Volunteer Services office.
- E-mail notifications will be sent by September 26, 2014 for those applicants selected for attendance.
- Please do not contact the volunteer office to check on the status of your application.
Additional Forms (Post-Orientation)
These forms should NOT to be submitted with your application. You will need to bring these to your interview AFTER you have applied and been accepted to the volunteer program.
UC San Diego Health System HILLCREST
- Review the map to help guide you to UC San Diego Hillcrest, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego.
- You will be responsible for the parking fee in the Arbor parking structure. Please allow ample time to find parking.
Other Important Information
- Review the information on our website.
- Bring a pen to the orientation and please be on time.
Department of Volunteer Services
200 West Arbor Drive
West Wing Room 100
San Diego, CA 92103-8959
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday