Volunteer Orientation Information
Thank you for your interest in volunteering
Your first step to volunteering with our program is to submit an application for a reservation at our next orientation. Seating for attendance at the orientation is limited. All applications received during the specified time frame will be reviewed.
Please do not submit an application unless you are able to start volunteering now, can commit to 100 hours of service, and are sure you can attend the scheduled orientation.
Applications are currently being accepted for the March 2015 orientation
Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Main Auditorium, UCSD Hillcrest
200 W. Arbor Drive, San Diego, 92103
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form - this is the only form you should submit to be considered to attend the volunteer orientation.
Mail application form to:
UC San Diego Medical Center
200 W. Arbor, #8959
San Diego, CA 92103
Applications are accepted by US MAIL ONLY (no faxes or e-mails, please) and must be postmarked between February 3, 2015 and February 24, 2015, in order to be considered for the March 10th orientation.
Paperwork that is not postmarked between February 3rd and the 24th will not be considered or retained by the Volunteer Services office.
E-mail notifications will be sent by March 3, 2015 for those applicants selected for attendance.
Please do not contact the volunteer office to check on the status of your application.
Additional Forms (Post-Orientation)
These forms should NOT to be submitted with your application. You will need to bring these to your interview AFTER you have applied and been accepted to the volunteer program.
• Background check (only required for volunteers over 18 years of age)
• Confidentiality Agreement
• University of California State Oath of Allegiance, Patent Policy, and Patent Acknowledgment
UC San Diego Medical Center in HILLCREST
- Review the map to help guide you to UC San Diego Hillcrest, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego.
- You will be responsible for the parking fee in the Arbor parking structure. Please allow ample time to find parking.
Other Important Information
- Review the information on our website.
- Bring a pen to the orientation and please be on time.
Department of Volunteer Services
200 West Arbor Drive
West Wing, Room 100
San Diego, CA 92103-8959
Fax: (619) 543-5809
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday