Each year, more than 1,200 dedicated adult and student volunteers provide over 88,000 service hours throughout the Health System. From nursing units to the Bannister Family House, Health System volunteers have been helping in countless ways to make our patients' stay more comfortable.
In the News
Marisa Aurora Quiroz, a volunteer doula (nonmedical childbirth assistant) for laboring mothers in UC San Diego Health System’s "Hearts and Hands" program, was featured in the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Read More >
Examples of volunteer tasks include:
- Running errands to labs, pharmacy and other areas.
- Transporting and escorting patients (using wheelchairs)
- Assisting staff with patients
- Reading to and visiting with patients
- Administrative tasks (filing, data entry, organizing patient charts, answering phones)
View a list of specific Volunteer Service Opportunities available at various Health System locations.
**Please note that “hands on” experience requires a license and cannot be done in a volunteer capacity.**
DEPARTMENT OF VOLUNTEER SERVICES
200 West Arbor Drive
West Wing Room 100
San Diego, CA 92103-8959
Normal Office Hours:
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday