Join us for our free health seminars.
All seminars are open to the public and free of charge and each session will include a presentation and time for questions. Registration is required for each seminar you'd like to attend. We hope to see you there!
Staying Positive as You Age
November 6, 2014
6 - 7:30 p.m. | UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center, Goldberg Auditorium
There have been many advances in the understanding of successful physical, cognitive and emotional aging. Join us to hear about current concepts, discuss interventions and learn about approaches to enhance successful aging.
Take the Floor Tonight
Incontinence and Prolapse: You Don’t Have to Live with it!
November 10, 2014
5:30 - 7:30 p.m. | UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center, Goldberg Auditorium
Do you or a loved one suffer from pelvic floor disorders? Come hear the experts speak on common, but under-reported conditions millions of women suffer from. Find out what options you have, how to prevent these conditions from developing and get answers to all your questions.
Topics and Speakers Include:
The Future of Aging: Technology, Lifestyle, Housing, and Healthcare for Tomorrow
November 16, 2014
2 - 4 p.m. | UC San Diego, Medical Education and Telemedicine Building
Join us for this eye-opening session on aging in America. Our speakers will discuss the many possibilities of what the future holds, ranging from advances in medical research, to technology, to what an aging-friendly community looks like.
Dr. Jeste and other presenters will share some powerful insights from the first meeting of the UC San Diego Think Tank on Health Aging – a diverse group of world-renowned multi-professional experts including leading-edge researchers, technology experts and leaders in academia from all over the United States.
- Dilip V. Jeste, MD, Director, UC San Diego Center for Healthy Aging
- Dan G. Blazer, MD, MPH, PhD, JP Gibbons Professor of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center
- Kim Goodsell, Patient Advocate, Co-Founder of ProAbility Walk Art
- Kiang J. Liu, PhD, Professor of Preventive Medicine-Epidemiology and Medicine-General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- William Vega, PhD, Provost Professor and Executive Director, Edward R. Roybal Institute on Aging, University of Southern California