Therapeutic Range and Monitoring
Enoxaparin does not affect PTT or INR
- Levels can be measured and are generally used to monitor enoxaparin activity in certain subgroups of patients.
- Anti-Xa levels may be recommended in underweight, obese, pregnant, or renally impaired patients.
- Anti-Xa levels should be checked at their peak at 4 hours after dosing (both q12 and q24 variations).
- Reference ranges are not clinically validated and can vary by facility and indication for use.
- Suggested "therapeutic range" is usually 0.6-1.0 units/mL.