Class Attendance and Planning
The classes are held over 8 consecutive weeks. To truly derive the full benefit of the course it is best to make the time to commit to being at all 8 of the classes, if you should need to miss a class we ask that you let us know ahead of time so we can assure that you are informed and aware of weekly assignments and any other relevant information. In some cases, you may be able to make up a single missed class by attending one of our other, concurrent classes.
Our classes are frequently held at our offices in the University City area of San Diego, at 5060 Shoreham Place, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92122.
- If you have registered online and indicated that you are going to pay by check, we request that you please bring your check for the amount agreed upon, made out to “UC Regents” to class on the first night. You will receive a receipt via email the following week.
- We encourage you to dress comfortably in loose-fitting clothing (sweats or yoga-type clothing work well) and bring a mat or pad upon which you can lie on the floor for a part of the time. The temperature varies a bit in the room so you might want to dress in layers. We have a few meditation cushions that you may use during the class time.
- You will receive the book Full Catastrophe Living, you can order the eBook free online when you register or receive a hardcopy the first night of class. We have guided CDs, although we highly recommend that if you are planning on using an MP3 player or iPod, that to save CD-burning, you download the Body Scan and Seated Meditation audio files directly from our website here. If you do that in advance of the first class, you will be all set and we can give the CDs to someone else. For those who wish to upload the CDs to another device, we would appreciate it if you return the CDs when you are done to keep costs down.
- NOTE: We recommend that if your schedule will not allow you to attend the first session, or prevents from attending any two sessions of the course, that you consider waiting until the next offering of the program.
- Should you have any questions or concerns prior to or during the course you can contact the UCSD Center for Mindfulness 858-334-4636 or via email.
- We hope that after having read this material and reviewed the expectations of the class, you are still interested in attending the next MBSR course. We encourage you to contact us soon to reserve your place in an upcoming class.
Center for Mindfulness
UC San Diego Center for Integrative Medicine and Department of Psychiatry
5060 Shoreham Place, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92122-0980