- The program is using the online centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org; E-mail: DICASinfo@DICAS.org. The online application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. central time, February 15, 2015. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
1. Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
2. What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
3. What are your short-term and long-term goals?
4. What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Completion of the Supplemental Internship Application is mandatory. A program application fee of $50.00, check payable to "UC Regents," must be included with the Supplemental Internship Application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to: DICAS-Transcript Department, P.O. Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472.
- When completing the application form in DICAS, applicants MUST include the name and contact information (specifically as an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online by the two faculty members and one employer. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee with D&D digital.
- Any application materials submitted after the February 15 deadline will not be accepted.
- UC San Diego Medical Center Dietetic Internship will notify top ranked applicants for a phone interview mid-March. This phone interview will take place prior to Applicant Notification Day, Sunday, April 12, 2015 beginning at 6:00 p.m. Central Time. Six dietetic interns will be selected.
- Applicant Appointment Day is Monday April 13, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Students must notify the dietetic internship Program Director, Betty Garrity MPH, RD at 619-543-3351 or email@example.com if they accept/reject the computer match by 5:00 p.m. on Appointment Day of the program's time zone.
- All information obtained during the application period will be held in a secure location for one year. After one year, applications will be moved to a secure disposal company.