Prenatal Tours: Meet Our Maternity Team
Considering giving birth at UC San Diego Health System? We offer monthly evening events where you can tour our childbirth facilities, meet physicians and midwives, and ask questions.
Events are at 6 p.m., with optional tours at 5 p.m. or 7 p.m. We also offer tours only several times a month. (See schedule.) Registration is required, and no childcare is available.
Upcoming Events (Including Optional Tour)
Tours Only: Wednesdays and Saturdays
We offer tours every Wednesday at 6 p.m., and the second and fourth Saturday of each month at 1 p.m. Spanish tours are offered on the fourth Saturday of the month at 2:30 p.m. Please meet in the hospital lobby; tours will begin there. Register online for one of these tours by clicking on the date you would like to attend.
- Wednesday tours:
- Saturdays (English):
- Saturdays (Spanish):
For future events, search: http://hsevents.ucsd.edu
Why Give Birth at UC San Diego?
Midwife or doctor, home-like setting or traditional labor and delivery suite — we offer the most birth options, all backed by the peace of mind of our Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Consider these advantages:
- Birth Center: Our Birth Center is the only holistic birth center cradled within a hospital on the West Coast and enables mothers to experience a natural birth with minimal medical intervention.
- Volunteer doulas: We're the only hospital in San Diego to offer a volunteer doula program to laboring mothers.
- Lactation consultants: We're designated “Baby-Friendly,” a prestigious international recognition awarded to birth facilities that actively encourage breastfeeding as the primary source of newborn nutrition.
- Nationally recognized Fetal Care and Genetics Center: Board-certified specialists in our Fetal Care and Genetics Center provide coordinated care from pre-conception through birth, including prenatal and genetic counseling regarding amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling (CVS) and ultrasound results.
- Specialized care for high-risk pregnancies: We have specialized perinatal care for complicated pregnancies, twins and mulitples, and maternal conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, or lupus.
- Level III NICU: UC San Diego Health System has the only regional Level III NICU within a birthing facility in San Diego.
For more about our amenities and services, see Why Choose UC San Diego for Your Pregnancy Care?