UC San Diego Health System will be changing the way it operates some of its outpatient pharmacy business beginning mid-December 2013. The Health System is selling some of its outpatient pharmacy business to Vons – part of the Safeway family of companies. Vons will continue to offer pharmacy services at our Perlman Medical Offices in La Jolla and our 4th and Lewis Medical Offices in Hillcrest. The pharmacy within the Internal Medicine Group on Villa La Jolla Drive will close. To learn more, visit our Pharmacy Update page.
The Department of Pharmacy at UC San Diego Health System provides pharmaceutical care to patients hospitalized at UC San Diego Health System and to outpatients seen in UC San Diego Health System facilities.
Our post-graduate residency programs and our affiliation with the UC San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy also allow us to extend our services to our non-UC San Diego partners and affiliates in the San Diego community.
We offer the following outpatient pharmacy services:
- Easy prescription refills, including:
- Telephone and web based refill request options
- Refills delivered by mail
- Influenza vaccinations
- Pharmacy home infusion services
- Specialty pharmacy services including oncology, transplant, HIV and hepatitis C
- Outpatient services including the Anticoagulation Clinic, Antiretroviral Clinic and the Cardiomyopathy Clinic
UC San Diego Health System - Hillcrest
- 4th and Lewis Medical Offices (effective mid-December, 2013, this location will be owned and operated by Vons)
- Hillcrest Medical Center
- Medical Offices South
UC San Diego Health System – La Jolla
- Perlman Medical Offices (effective mid-December, 2013, this location will be owned and operated by Vons)
- Thornton Hospital
- Moores Cancer Center
UC San Diego Health System – Encinitas
- Cancer Center in Encinitas
UC San Diego Health System Home Infusion Pharmacy
View all pharmacy locations >