Contact COD Program
UC San Diego Outpatient Psychiatric Services
140 Arbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92103
8:30 - 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
Integrated Treatment and Research Program
The Co-Occurring Disorders (COD) Treatment Program at UC San Diego Health System provides intensive integrated services for individuals with co-occurring substance abuse and other mental disorders. Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team consisting of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists and mental health professionals in training.
- Recovery counseling
- Relapse prevention
- Individual and group therapy
- Advocacy and referral to health, housing, self-help groups and vocational services
Patients participate in a comprehensive assessment and collaborate with staff in designing an individualized treatment plan. Family and significant others are included as an integral part of the recovery process.
The program is divided into phases leading to recovery and rehabilitation depending on each patient’s situation and need.
The phases may include:
- Helping to create a stable home situation and assuring that basic needs are met.
- Stabilizing psychiatric symptoms while working toward or maintaining sobriety
- Strengthening bonds to family and community, and developing interpersonal, behavioral and emotional regulation skills
- Developing or strengthening vocational goals and community connections
The Co-Occurring Disorders Research Program seeks to improve treatment and better understand the causes of co-occurring disorders. Participation in the research program is entirely voluntary and does not impact acceptance into the clinical program. Areas under study include attachment, dissociation, cognitive factors, ADHD, childhood maltreatment, symptoms of post-traumatic stress and personality variables.
Director and Clinical Professor of Psychiatry
Patricia A. Judd, PhD
Amelia Roeschlein, LMFT
David Janowsky, MD
Keren Bogin, LCSW
Lara Flakowski, MSW
Jennifer Lindsley, BA
Hais Lindemann, LMFT
Susan Orgera, PhD