What is COPD?
COPD is a group of conditions that blocks airflow and makes normal breathing difficult.
5 facts about COPD:
- It is the third leading cause of death in the nation.
- Two of the most common COPD conditions are chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
- 12 million Americans currently have COPD, and approximately 12 million are undiagnosed.
- COPD typically occurs in people age 40 or older.
- Nine out of 10 COPD-related deaths are due to smoking.
The experts at UC San Diego Health System are committed to improving the quality of life of those living with COPD through a wide range of diagnosis and treatment options. In addition to high-level care, our team continues to pave the way for the development of better COPD therapy and treatments through extensive clinical studies.
Schedule an appointment by phone 855-355-5864, or online by logging in to MyUCSDChart.