Education and Training
Education and Training Programs
The training of health care professionals who desire expertise in breast imaging has been a priority of the Breast Imaging Section. UCSD Department of Radiology is committed to:
- Providing outstanding education at many levels
- Providing educational programs for physicians in training and for board certified radiologists
- Providing an annual breast imaging and interventions CME course
In addition, UCSD was the first in the nation to establish a practicum for radiologic technologists who desire to specialize in mammography and breast imaging.
Fellowship and post-graduate programs are offered and coordinated through the office of Clinical and Research Education.
For additional information and application forms please contact:
Radiologic Technologist Training
UCSD established the first Mammography Technologist Training program in the United States in 1999.
- More than 1,000 technologists from the United States and foreign countries have received specialized training at the UCSD Mammography Practicum
- Course meets federal and state of California requirements by providing the basic 40 hours of education needed to apply for special licensure as a Mammographer
For more information please contact:
Louise Miller, RTRM
UCSD Annual Breast Imaging and Intervention Course
For more information on this CME event, please contact: