Why Choose UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego offers the most advanced imaging technology and procedures, including:
- 3T magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), the most powerful MRI system available.
- Breast MRI to monitor cancer patients and screen women at high risk.
- MRI-guided ultrasound for shrinking uterine fibroids and reducing pain from cancer metastasis to the bone.
- MRI with ultra-short TE imaging to monitor early-stage arthritis and diagnose multiple sclerosis.
- 320- and 64-slice CT to noninvasively view coronary arteries and check for blockages.
- PET-CT for early diagnosis and treatment planning of cancer and Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
- Innovative nuclear medicine procedures to treat certain cancers.
Our Locations and Capabilities
UC San Diego Health System – Hillcrest
UC San Diego Medical Center
200 West Arbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92103
Our Toshiba 320-slice is a market-leading CT that uses dose reduction software to deliver a lower dose of radiation while retaining excellent image quality.
The GE 750W 3T MRI is a 70 cm wide-bore, open MRI (one of the widest in the industry) allowing for larger patient capacity. This machine features flexible coils and a soft tabletop that alleviates pressure points and provides a comfortable experience.
UC San Diego Health System – La Jolla
9300 Campus Pointe Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Our 64-slice GE 750HD CT has advanced cardiac and neurological capabilities and employs dose reduction software allowing us to produce exceptional image quality with the lowest possible exposure to radiation.
Our 1.5 MRI provides high definition results and a comprehensive range of clinical applications to address any imaging needs.
University Center Lane
8829 University Center Lane
San Diego, CA 92122
The GE 1.5 MRI provides oncological, neurological and cardiac exam capabilities.
The PICA MRI system whole-body MRI system includes new patented MR technology and an open, patient-friendly design. This open design significantly reduces claustrophobia and can accommodate larger patients.
Moores Cancer Center
3855 Health Sciences Drive
La Jolla, CA 92063
The GE 3T Twin Speed MRI unit allows for higher quality images than a typical 1.5 unit.