Your Radiology Procedure: Information, Scheduling and Forms
About your Procedure
Patient information for various exams is provided below:
Scheduling Your Exam
All radiology exams must be ordered by a physician and authorized by an insurance provider. Once this has occurred, patients can schedule their imaging exams from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, by calling the phone numbers listed below.
- To schedule an MRI, CT, Breast Imaging, Bone Density Scan, or an Ultrasound, please call 619-543-3405
- To schedule PET-CT exams, call 619-543-1998
- To schedule Nuclear Medicine exams, call 619- 543-6680
- To schedule Interventional Radiology exams, call 619-471-0320
Physicians: For all types of exams, physicians outside UC San Diego Health System can fax the following form to 619-543-2152.
Hours of operation for Outpatient Imaging are as follows (all Monday-Friday):
- MRI: 7 a.m. -- 7 p.m.
- CT: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Breast Imaging: 7:30 a.m. -- 6:30 p.m.
- Nuclear Medicine: 7 a.m. -- 4 p.m.
- Ultrasound: 8 a.m. -- 3:30 p.m.
- PET-CT: 7 a.m -- 3:30 p.m.
- Bone Density Scan: Hours of operation vary. Please call scheduling at 619-543-3405.
- Interventional Radiology: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.