Lifestyle Weight-Loss Program
A Weight-Loss Program that Fits Your Lifestyle
The newest addition to UC San Diego Health System’s weight management portfolio, our Lifestyle Weight-Loss Program is a 12-week class that teaches you how to make healthier food choices and live a more active lifestyle in order to promote weight-loss.
Fad diets may promise fast results, but the real secret to successful long-term weight-loss is learning how to eat right and stay active. Our certified health educators work with you to help determine your personalized food and activity plans. The Lifestyle program offers a flexible food plan where you choose your own healthy food or meal replacements under the guidance of our specialists. We teach you how to navigate the grocery store and make smarter food choices when dining out. You will learn how to balance calories in a practical way, without the hassle of keeping track of points. You will also learn how to get more active in your everyday life. We know it isn’t easy and bad habits tend to die hard, so we also have coaching available to our patients by phone.
Participants typically lose 1 to 2 pounds per week on the Lifestyle Weight-Loss Program.
Who Should Choose This Program?
- People who do not have an underlying medical condition that may better be served by our clinic-based program
- People who want the option to choose their own healthy food or meal replacements
- People who previously had weight-loss surgery and who want help maintaining a healthy weight
- People who want to couple weight-loss medication treatment with lifestyle changes for more successful results
If you don’t need or want supervision during your weight loss, we also offer a convenient at-home weight-loss program.
Roughly $32 per class for the initial 12-week program, which includes:
- A weekly 90-minute nutrition and behavior class, plus materials
- One-on-one follow-up with a health educator or registered dietician by phone
- Option to advance to Phase II classes to help you maintain your healthy weight
Classes are available now.
For more information and to sign up for a complimentary orientation call 858-657-7237 or email email@example.com