Research and Clinical Trials
UC San Diego Health System’s faculty in the Department of Surgery is dedicated to providing the latest in groundbreaking and compassionate treatment to people with GI conditions.
Our physician-scientists are active in numerous research projects and clinical studies. For example, our gastrointestinal surgeons are examining:
- Transvaginal incisional hernia repair
- Advanced surgical techniques for colorectal and anal cancer, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Robotic surgery for inflammatory bowel disease
- Transanal minimally invasive surgery (TAMIS)
- Natural orifice surgery (NOTES)
- New techniques for kidney retransplantation after simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplantation
- Inflammatory response in transgastric surgery
- NOTES laparoscopic-assisted transvaginal sleeve gastrectomy
Clinical trials are highly regulated health-related research studies that move advances in the treatment of disease forward into clinical practice. They offer people the chance to receive newly developed therapies and provide crucial information for improving care. Gastrointentinal surgeons at UC San Diego Health System are currently conducting clinical trials related to a broad spectrum of gastrointestinal diseases and conditions. Find clinical trials at UC San Diego Health System currently seeking participants.
Search Clinical Trials