Orthopedic Surgery: Patient Resources
Locations and Forms
To schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, call 858-657-8200.
UC San Diego Health System Locations
8899 University Center Lane, Suite 220
San Diego, CA 92122
Perlman Medical Offices
9350 Campus Point Drive, Suite 1A and 1B
La Jolla, CA 93037
UC San Diego Medical Center
200 West Arbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92103
Directions | View Google Place
1200 Garden View Rd.
Encinitas, CA 92024
Save time at the clinic by printing and filling out the medical history form for the physician you will be seeing.
- Medical History Form - Robertson, Voskanian, Ball, Kulidjian, Meunier, Abrams, Hentzen, Gonzales
- Medical History Form - Chang, Chen, Middleton
- Medical History Form - Garfin, Allen, Lee, Vlomislic
- Medical History Form - Ahmed, Chodos
- Medical History Form - Wahl
Osteoarthritis with Gregg Middleton, MD
Managing Back Pain with Doug Chang, MD, PhD
Shoulder Injuries with Matt Meunier, MD
Managing Knee Pain with Natalie Voskanian, MD
Overuse Injuries with Ken Taylor, MD
Managing Hip Pain with Catherine Robertson, MD
UC San Diego Core Exercises with Dr. Douglas Chang
UC San Diego Health System orthopedic surgeons want to equip you with important information about any procedure you might be facing. Emmi programs explain numerous surgical procedures and provide information on how to prepare and what to expect during recovery. Each video is about 20 minutes long. Topics include ACL reconstruction, anesthesia, multiple spine surgeries, knee and shoulder arthoscopy, carpal tunnel release and many more. Register to view these informative, free programs today
Award winning UCSD-TV features a variety programs on orthopedics, including sports medicine, osteoarthritis, shoulder pain, foot and ankle problems and new developments in orthopedic care. These programs are free to watch online and are available for download or as a podcast.
Bone Health Education and Support Group
First Wednesday of every month at noon
Thornton Hospital, Third floor
Bone Health Event Flyer
RSVP to Heather Hofflich, DO at email@example.com
or call 858-657-7236.
Facing Hip or Knee Replacement? Attend an Informative Joint Replacement Class
Learn more about hip or knee replacement surgery. Classes are taught by our multidisciplinary joint surgery team, which includes nurses, physical therapists and occupational therapists. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions so that you feel comfortable with every aspect of the joint replacement process.
UC San Diego Medical Center map
Classes are held on the 1st Wednesday of every month from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. in the Administrative Conference Room on the 1st floor. Classes are also offered in Spanish.
Thornton Hospital map
Classes are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. in the Thornton SDG&E Room 3-102.
To register online please select a class below.
For more information, call Patient Education at 619-543-3646.
Questions to Ask Your Orthopedic Surgeon
If you are scheduled for an appointment with an orthopedic specialist, you might want to ask some of the following questions during your consultation:
If Surgery is Recommended:
- What are my treatment options? What are the pros and cons of each?
- How long will the treatment take? How will it affect my daily activities?
- What does the recovery process entail? How long will recovery take?
- Are there any brochures I can read or websites I can visit for more information?
- What the surgery involves?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Who will perform the surgery, if not your orthopedist?
- Can I meet him or her prior to my surgery?
- What can I expect after surgery?
- Will I need further treatment (such as physical therapy, splints, medications)?
- What will happen if I don't have the surgery now?
- What are my alternatives to surgery?