John Hansbrough Memorial Fund
On March 7, 2001 the UC San Diego Regional Burn Center suffered a great loss with the unexpected death of John F. Hansbrough, MD, Professor of Surgery and director of the Burn Center. Dr. Hansbrough was widely regarded as one of the world's leading authorities in burn care and research, and was perhaps best known for his work in developing synthetic and cultured skin for burn patients.
In recognition of and appreciation for his significant service over 17 years, the medical students and fellows of the UC San Diego School of Medicine, along with the staff and patients of the Regional Burn Center, established a memorial fund endowment in Dr. Hansbrough’s name.
The John F. Hansbrough, MD, Memorial Fund Endowment:
- Provides an annual lecture series in Dr. Hansbrough's honor at UC San Diego School of Medicine
- Promotes continuing advances at UC San Diego Health System in burn care, tissue research and treatment
- Promotes education in burn care protocols by UC San Diego Health System medical staff, UC San Diego School of Medicine students and fellows
- Promotes greater community awareness of home and work place safety guarding against burn injury
- Promotes education for new parents in burn safety issues with children
Gifts to the John F. Hansbrough, MD, Memorial Fund Endowment can be made out to the UC San Diego Foundation. Send checks to:
UC San Diego Regional Burn Center
Attn: Sheri Falco
200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103
If you have any questions, contact Sheri Falco at 619-543-7587 or by email at email@example.com.