Quality and Safety
Hospitals and doctors are not all alike. They vary in quality due to differences in their training, experience and services. Differences in quality matter more when you need sophisticated medical care for a complex condition. The doctor and hospital you choose will have a direct impact on how well you do – especially when you need treatment for a serious condition or disease.
How Do You Judge Quality?
Quality can be measured in many different ways. While there is no universal agreement on criteria, the following are often cited as indicators of a quality hospital:
- Accreditation by the Joint Commission.
- High ratings from State or consumer or other groups
- Experience with your condition
- Success with your condition
- Reviews and continuously improves its own quality of care
- One that is covered by your health plan
Quality and Safety at UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego Medical Center
200 West Arbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92103