Employee Benefits at UC San Diego Health System
UC is working to resume payroll deductions for employee contributions to ScholarShare, the California college savings plan, starting with the first full payroll in April 2012.
As a major employer in the greater metropolitan San Diego area, we provide an environment where you can make creative contributions, enjoy your work, and achieve a satisfying work/life balance.
- Competitive compensation
- 13 paid holidays
- 3 weeks of vacation leave after one year*
- 12 days of Sick Leave each year*
- Monetary incentives for continuing education
- Health and welfare benefits starting from date of hire
- Educational leave
*Based on full-time appointment
Employees Also Receive
- University of California Retirement Plan - A defined benefit plan that provides retirement, survivor and disability income, as well as death benefits.
- Retirement Savings Program - Includes Defined Contribution pre- and after-tax plans, a Tax-deferred 403(b) Plan and a 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account - Allows you to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care expenses on a pre-tax, salary reduction basis.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Reduced fees for UCSD Classes and Training Programs
- UCSD Extended Studies and Public Programs
- UCSD Recreational Services Membership
- Library Privileges
- And much, much more
Long Term Care
Read more about long-term care benefits on atyourservice.ucop.edu