Family Change


CONEXIS handles COBRA administrative services for UC. If you lose coverage because of a qualifying event, CONEXIS will send you a COBRA election packet. You must send enrollment forms and premiums directly to CONEXIS, and CONEXIS will then report eligibility and premiums to the individual health plans.

What you need to do
It is up to you to notify your Benefits Office or department in the event of:

  • Divorce/legal separation/annulment
  • Termination of domestic partnership
  • Loss of dependent status (e.g., child turns age 23)

To be eligible for COBRA continuation coverage, you must provide notice within 60 days of the event, either by completing the Notice to UC of a Qualifying Event form (UBEN 109) or by providing written notice.

COBRA coverage via CONEXIS
Phone: 1-877-722-2667