Wellness Walk Maps and Routes
Join others on a Wellness Walk!
Join your colleagues systemwide in recognizing National Employee Health and Fitness month by participating in UC Walks.
The 5th Annual UC Walks event will take place on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at the UC San Diego Town Square. Read more about this event on http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/services/support/health/ucwalks.html. Participants will receive a free T-Shirt and an opportunity to win a raffle prize.
Wellness Walk - Routes and Maps
Click on the maps to the right to view the various routes at the the Hillcrest and Thorton locations.
Start Tracking your Steps Today to EarnWellness Incentives:
Register online with the American Heart Association at http://www.startwalkingnow.org/registration.jsp to track your steps. Use the code UCSD Medical Center. Reach one of the goals and print our your stats from the Tracker Tab to redeem the following prizes:
- Pedometers = FREE for committing to exercise at least 1X a week
- T-Shirt = 10,000 steps
- Water bottle = 25,000 steps
- Shoe Wallet = 50,000 steps
- Tech Shirt = 100,000 steps
- Tote bag = 200,000 steps
- Talking pedometer = 500,000 steps
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at ext. 33616
The Division of Trauma, Surgical Critical Care and Burns reminds UC Walkers to reduce the risk of injury by:
- Starting your walk slowly, both in pace and time
- Don’t stretch cold muscles - after 5 minutes, stop and gently flex and point toes, circle ankles, reach one arm up - then the other, and slowly twist both directions from the waist.
- Near the end, slow your pace and stretch after your walk
Visit http://walksandiego.org for guidance on selecting walking shoes, and tips on walking safely.