Wellness Walk Maps and Routes
Join others on a Wellness Walk!
Join your colleagues systemwide in recognizing National Employee Health and Fitness month by participating in UC Walks.
As of 5/14/13, The UC Walks Event at the UCSD Medical Center-Hillcrest, East Campus, Med Center Mosey have been postponed until further notice.
Questions? Contact Lori Shonley, email@example.com, 619-471-9556.
Hillcrest employees will walk the ½ mile route around the Medical Center. Please see the link for a map of the route.
Hillcrest walk map
“La Jolla Employees can walk the ¾ mile “East Campus Amble” around Thornton, or the ½ mile “Med Center Mosey”. Please see the link for a map of your preferred route.”
East Campus Amble map
Med Center Mosey Map
To sign up for UC Walks, please contact Lori Shonley at 619-471-9556
Participants will receive a free t-shirt, entry into an opportunity drawing and more!
UC Walks is a follow-up program to help you earn credit for your StayWell incentive. For more information about the StayWell program, click here.
Walk Wednesdays at Hillcrest
11:30 a.m. or 12 p.m. meet by the Gildred Cancer Center and the CTF Building
Start tracking your Steps today to earn Wellness Incentives:
- Pedometers = FREE for committing to exercise at least 1X a week
- T-Shirt = 10,000 steps
- Water bottle = 25,000 steps
- Shoe Wallet = 50,000 steps
- Tech Shirt = 100,000 steps
- Tote bag = 200,000 steps
- Talking pedometer = 500,000 steps
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at ext. 38215
The Division of Trauma, Surgical Critical Care and Burns reminds UC Walkers to reduce the risk of injury by:
- Starting your walk slowly, both in pace and time
- Don’t stretch cold muscles - after 5 minutes, stop and gently flex and point toes, circle ankles, reach one arm up - then the other, and slowly twist both directions from the waist.
- Near the end, slow your pace and stretch after your walk
Visit http://www.walksandiego.org/ for guidance on selecting walking shoes, and tips on walking safely.