UC San Diego Health System is a Breastfeeding-Friendly Employer
For your convenience, UC San Diego Heatlh System provides two rooms for employees to express breast milk, one at Hillcrest and one at Thornton.
- The room at Hillcrest is located on the East side on the 8th floor, in Room #8-155.
- The room at Thornton is located on the 3rd floor of the West Wing in Room #320.
UC San Diego Health System provides a reasonable amount of break time to accommodate an employee desiring to express breast milk for her infant child.
In order to best meet the needs of the employees, please review the following information regarding the use of the pump room:
- A Medela pump is provided, however employees are to supply their own pump kit. If an employee is in need of a kit, they may be purchased in the hospital gift shop. We encourage employees to bring in their own pumps to use.
- In order to document the usage of the room, we ask that the employees using the room sign in the logbook each time the room is used.
- If information needs to be relayed, do so using the logbook or bulletin board.
- It is vital that all users keep the room clean after each use. This is also for the consideration of all other users of the room.
- If you encounter a facilities problem, such as a light bulb out or the need for temperature adjustment, please call facilities engineering.
- For problems with the breast pump or any questions related to lactation, please call UC San Diego Health System's Lactation Helpline at 619-543-7149.
We wish you and your newborn the very best!