The UC San Diego Health System Executive Team has allocated funds in the FY 2015 budget to support Leadership Development Scholarships for Managers and Leaders.
The purpose of these scholarships is to provide funding of $750 maximum per leader to attend professional and/or leadership conferences to further the Manager's/Leader's knowledge. The conference must enhance the application of our Core Values in their daily work and/or improve demonstrated performance of management knowledge and skills. The scholarship award covers only the expenses for registration and/or tuition fees. Travel, lodging and meals are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Classification as a Leader or Manager i.e., Salary Grades PSS5, PSS6, PSS7, PSS8, MSPA, MSPB, MSPC
- Funded by UC San Diego Health System in a full-time, career position.
- Has not participated in the Supervisor's Academy or received a scholarship funded through the Leadership Development Scholarship program during FY 2015 (7/01/2014 to 6/30/2015).
Submit application through interoffice mail to Health Sciences Human Resources (HSHR), Attn: Tamitha Mueller (mail code 8912) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by the due dates listed below.
The applications will be reviewed and evaluated by a committee that consists of HSHR leaders using the above criteria twice during the fiscal year. When funds are depleted, no further applications will be considered until the following funding period.
- First annual review due dates: Applications due by October 3, 2014. Decision letters will be sent to applicant no later than October 10, 2014.
- Second annual due dates: Applications due by February 6, 2015. Decision letters will be sent to applicant no later than February 14, 2015.
Any questions regarding the Leadership Scholarship program may be directed to Tamitha Mueller, Senior Training Specialist at mail code 8912 or via email at: email@example.com