See below for parking options for our patients and visitors at Thornton Hospital, Perlman Medical Offices, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, Moores Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, and other facilities in La Jolla. You can also view
driving directions and a map.
Thornton Hospital, Perlman Medical Offices, and Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
Be aware of changes due to construction
of our new Outpatient Pavilion, to be located between Perlman Medical Offices and Moores Cancer Center:
- The east portion of Lot P751 and the east entrance to Perlman Medical Offices is now closed. The north portion of Lot P751 in front of Thornton Hospital is open, and additional patient/visitor spots have been added in the West Parking Structure across from Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center.
- If you have an appointment in Perlman Medical Offices, please note the main entrance is temporarily closed. Enter through Thornton Hospital and go to your left to connect to the Perlman Medical Offices. Ask for assistance at the Thornton welcome desk if needed.
- For short-term parking, use lot P751, directly in front of Thornton Hospital.
- If P751 is full, park on the West Parking Structure roof and street level across from the Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center.
- For valet parking, see the attendant in the driveway in front of Thornton Hospital.
- Lots: $4 for the first two hours and $1 for each additional hour, not to exceed $8 per day. Visits of 30 minutes or less are free. Pay on foot at pay stations near the entrance to Perlman Medical Offices or in the parking lot on Health Sciences Walk, and exit through vehicle express exit. Pay stations accept cash, validation tickets, and credit cards.
- Valet parking: $5 plus 50 cents for each half-hour, up to $10 maximum.
- Disabled patients or visitors: parking is free in all patient and visitor lots (valet excluded) with a disabled placard or license plate. Exit through a staffed kiosk (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.).
Shiley Eye Institute
parking information on the Shiley Eye Institute website
Moores Cancer Center
parking information on the Moores Cancer Center website