April 23, 2007
Paramount Studios to Host 4th Annual 4sight4children Family Carnival
On Sunday, April 29, 2007 from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m., approximately 500 donors and friends of the Shiley Eye Center at the University of California, San Diego will gather at Paramount Studios’ “Streets of New York” in Hollywood, California for the 4th Annual 4sight4children Family Carnival. The fundraising event will feature amusement rides, children’s activities, a New York style lunch, spectacular auction and raffle. All proceeds will benefit infants and children born with or acquired complicated and potentially treatable eye diseases such as corneal opacities, glaucoma and retinal diseases which often result in blindness, who seek treatment at UC San Diego’s Shiley Eye Center.
The event is co- chaired by Vanessa and Darryl Frank and Sara and Ivan Brooks, M.D. Darryl Frank is the co-head of DreamWorks Television. Vanessa and Darryl Frank spearheaded this now annual event which started in 2004.
The mission of 4sight4children (formerly known as the Blind Baby Fund) is to aid families from all parts of the world that lack financial resources by providing the funds for urgently needed eye surgery, hospital costs, lodging and transportation during their lengthy stays in San Diego.
Expected to attend the Carnival are teen stars from the ABC, CBS, Disney Channel and Nickelodeon:
- Jesse McCartney
- Madison Pettis - Corey in the House
- Victoria Justice - Zoey 101
- Dan Curtis Lee - Ned's Declassified
- Eddy Martin - Just Jordan
- Erin Sanders - Zoey 101
- Angus T. Jones - 2 1/2 Men
- Raven Goodwin - (Tangie) Just Jordan
- Eddy Martin - (Joaquin) Just Jordan
- Kyle Massey - (Cory) Cory in the House
- Christopher Massey - (Michael) Zoey 101
- Matthew Underwood - (Logan) Zoey 101
- Alyson Stoner - Cheaper By Dozen 1 & 2; recurring on The Suite Life of Zach & Cody
- Emily Everhard- (Amy) CBS Kids morning show Cake
- Billi Bruno - (Gracie) According to Jim
- Kay Panabaker- (Debbie) Phil of the Future
- Paul Butcher - (Dustin) Zoey 101
Sponsors of this year’s 4sight4children Carnival include: Disney ABC TV Group, Mark Burnett Productions, CBS, Circle of Friends, Creative Artists Agency, DreamWorks, Frank Family Vineyards, Goldman Sachs, Jamba Juice, Lola Cosmetics, Miramax Films, Nestle, Patron Tequila, Peninsula Hotel, Pinks, Rombauer Vineyards, The Sci-Fi Channel, State Farm, and TBS/TNT.
The University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Department of Ophthalmology, founded in 1983 and located in the Shiley Eye Center, is home to academic research, innovative and unique surgical practices, community service and patient treatment for a wide variety of ophthalmologic concerns.
For additional information, please contact Karen Anisko, 858-534-8017 or visit http://eyesight.ucsd.edu/giving/picnic.html
Contact: Karen Anisko, 858-534-8017, firstname.lastname@example.org