The Infectious Diseases Clinic offers consultations and provides treatment for patients with infectious diseases upon referral from a physician.
The clinic has two locations: UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and UC San Diego Perlman Ambulatory Care Center in La Jolla.
If you are an HIV or AIDS patient and are seeking treatment, please visit the Owen Clinic, which serves the needs of patients with HIV infection.
Medical Center Services
- The Medical Center Clinic is open Mondays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Consultative referrals from other Medical Center-based physicians
- Consultative referrals to patients recently discharged from UC San Diego Medical Center who require transitional infectious disease care
Perlman Medical Office Services
- The clinic at Perlman is open Mondays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Physician-referred tropical medicine and pre-trip advice to travelers
- Travel medicine , pre-trip inoculations, advice & prescriptions (patient is responsible for submitting to insurance for any reimbursements)
- Physician-referred orthopedic infection consult & treatment
- Other physician-referred infectious disease consultation requests.
To Make An Appointment
New patient appointments (for patients who are new to UC San Diego Health):
- Please call Physician Access Services: 800-926-8273
Existing patient appointments:
- UC San Diego Medical Center, call 619-543-6146
- UC San Diego Thornton Hospital, call 858-657-8440
Clinical trials involving HIV infection and other viral diseases are coordinated through the UC San Diego AntiViral Research Center, 619-543-8080.