WorkLife Integration Program
The WorkLife Integration Program (WIP) at the UCSD Center for Mindfulness is responding in an innovative and dynamic way to the rising concern over the negative impact of stress on workplace productivity and employee health (75% of all illness is related to stress). Our mission is first to deliver outstanding customized mindfulness resources which have a positive impact on business, individuals, and culture and second, to integrate personal health and well-being with business success.
Our WorkLife Integration programs address the stress and pressures that work and life have on our minds and bodies, our work performance and our personal lives. Attendees will actively participate in a variety of stress reduction methods, learn the important role they play in health and well-being, and create their own individualized mindfulness practice.
Our intention is to provide mindful-based intervention tools for workers who want to develop a healthier relationship with stress, one that allows them to control their response to stress and not let stress control them. We intend to be a catalyst in reducing those negative workplace stress statistics and to be an influence in creating a better workplace culture through mindful awareness and practice.
We invite you to consider
- What would be possible if you could access clarity and calm on-demand?
Would you be more effective?
- What would be possible if you understood your own emotional triggers and physiological reactions?
Would you be more resilient?
- What would be possible if you improved your listening, communication and empathy skills?
Would you be a happier person?
Mindful practice as a normal part of daily business and personal life can inspire:
- Decrease in stress and stress related illness - improved quality of life
- Increase in focus and awareness - more productivity and creativity
- Increase in compassion for self and others - improved relationships
- Shift in perception - better decision making, more positive outlook
Who Should Attend
This program will benefit anyone in the workplace regardless of position. You will learn, experience and practice mindfulness techniques.
- What is mindfulness? What are the benefits?
- The effects of stress on the mind and body
- Experiential components include: seated and walking meditations, mindful eating, mindful movement, mindful communication
- Didactic themes include: shifting perceptions, responding vs. reacting, awareness vs. auto pilot, the distracted brain, cultivating a non-judgmental attitude
- Mindfulness in personal and business relationships
- The latest research
- Creating and sustaining your own practice
Any of the following can be customized to meet your company’s specific needs
- “Mindful Working: How to increase focus, decrease stress and get more out of each moment” - full or one-half day introduction to mindful work and life practices
- “Mindful Based Stress Reduction” (MBSR) – one day per week for eight weeks at your company, or send select employees to The Center for Mindfulness at UCSD
- “MBSR Graduate Refresher Classes”
- Executive Retreats