Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic
UC San Diego Health System - Hillcrest
Medical Offices South
4168 Front St, 3rd Floor, Suite 2A
San Diego, CA 92103
Clinic Hours: Monday: 1 - 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
UC San Diego Health System is a national leader in the care of people with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
In 2010, The Joint Commission awarded UC San Diego Health System’s Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic its Gold Seal of Approval for health care quality, making it the first program of its kind in the nation to receive this disease-specific certification. The clinic provides guideline-based multidisciplinary care to patients with chronic kidney disease stages 2-5. Our goals are to:
- Slow the progression of chronic kidney disease
- Streamline the transition to dialysis or transplantation
- Increase awareness of chronic kidney disease in the community
- Increase scientific research in the area of chronic kidney disease
Treatment is offered by a multidisciplinary team including a dietitian, case manager, nurse, pharmacist and physician.
Adult patients (age 18 years and older) with chronic kidney disease stage 2 – 5.
Scope of Services
- Team based care of patients with chronic kidney disease including:
- Blood pressure management
- Management of protein in the urine
- Bone disease
- High cholesterol
- High acid levels in the blood
- Evaluation and management of risk factors for heart disease
- Nutrition counseling
- Medication therapy management including counseling on adherence and adjusting medicines for your kidney function
- Psychosocial assessment and support (assistance with transportation, disabilities, transition to dialysis)
- Health promotion (vaccinations, smoking cessation, weight loss)
- Group and one on one patient education
- Referrals for vascular surgery, dialysis and transplantation programs
- Clinical trials and research in CKD
Meet Our Team
- Danuta Trzebinska, MD - Medical Director
- Linda Awdishu, PharmD, MAS - Pharmacist and Manager
- Suzanne Demong, LCSW - Case Manager
- Christy Turner, MS, RD - Dietican
- Carmencita Obello, RN - Clinical Nurse
- Katie McLaughlin, BS - Patient Education Coordinator