Imagine A World Without Alzheimer's Disease
UC San Diego Health System is a worldwide leader in therapeutic research and state-of-the-art patient care for Alzheimer's disease. Our team is committed to translating discoveries into new treatment options. We regularly conduct clinical trials to evaluate the effectiveness of new, promising treatments.
Alzheimer's Clinical Trials: What to Expect
You do not need to be a patient at UC San Diego in order to participate in our clinical trials.
Other things to note:
- It does not cost anything to participate.
- Clinical trial length can range from six months to two years.
- Treatments being studied may include nasal inhalant, infusions, pills, and medical foods.
- Clinical trials are conducted under the supervision of a UC San Diego neurologist.
- Enrollment in each trial is limited.
- You may halt your participation at any time for any reason.
Clinical Trials Currently Underway
At any time, as many as six to ten clinical trials may be underway at UC San Diego that you may qualify for.
Those who meet the following criteria may be eligible:
- Ages 55-90
- Have prodromal Alzheimer's disease, mild cognitive impairment, or mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease
- Have a study partner
To learn more, please call 858-246-1300.