Movement disorders are neurological conditions that affect the speed, control, quality and ease of movement.
Symptoms may include difficulty to initiate voluntary movement (hypokinesia) and excessive involuntary movements (hyperkinesias). These disorders are commonly associated with cognitive deficits or mood changes, such as depression.
UC San Diego Health System is dedicated to clinical care, advancing our knowledge and therapies for the following conditions:
Make an Appointment
Meet the Movement Disorder Center Team
- Irene Litvan, MD, Director
- David Barba, MD, Neurosurgeon
- Jody Corey-Bloom, MD, PhD, Neurologist
- Stephanie Lessig, MD, Neurologist
- David Song, MD, PhD, Neurologist
- The Team