We emphasize helping you choose the best options for your particular situation. Funding assistance is available for patients with financial barriers. Services include:
The latest on new contraceptive methods
Dr. Sheila Mody answers questions about birth control in the UT San Diego.
Find more information on various forms of contraception—including medication, non-prescription options, or surgery—in our Health Library.
- Basic contraception consultation and services
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Implanon / Nexplanon insertions and removals
- Contraceptive injectables (Depo-Provera)
- IUD insertion (for women who have or have not given birth) and removal
- Miscarriage management
- Management of abnormal or unintended pregnancies
- Postpartum contraception
- Laparoscopic sterilization
- Essure hysteroscopic sterilizations (no incision)
Comprehensive Contraception Clinic
This unique program serves women who have complex medical issues (including epilepsy, bariatric surgery or uncontrolled diabetes) and would benefit from counseling about safe and highly effective contraceptive options. If you've been told not to become pregnant because of medical issues, we offer contraceptive advice based on the latest evidence from family planning experts.
To schedule an appointment, call 619-806-7108.
For appointments or patient referrals, call 619-806-7108