Your well woman provider can assist with family planning needs or refer you to a specialist. We emphasize helping you choose the best options for your particular situation. Funding assistance is available for patients with financial barriers. Services include:
The latest on new contraceptive methods
Dr. Sheila Mody answers questions about birth control in the UT San Diego.
Find more information on various forms of contraception—including medication, non-prescription options, or surgery—in our Health Library.
- Basic contraception consultation and services
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Implanon / Nexplanon insertions and removals
- Contraceptive injectables (Depo-Provera)
- IUD insertion (for women who have or have not given birth) and removal
- Miscarriage management
- Postpartum contraception
- Laparoscopic sterilization
- Essure hysteroscopic sterilizations (no incision)
Comprehensive Contraception Clinic
This unique program serves women who have complex medical issues (for example, epilepsy, bariatric surgery, uncontrolled diabetes) and would benefit from counseling about safe and highly effective contraceptive options. If you've been told not to become pregnant because of medical issues, we offer contraceptive advice based on the latest evidence from family planning experts. To schedule an appointment, call 619-806-7108.
Make an Appointment
UC San Diego Health System - La Jolla
UC San Diego Health System - Hillcrest
UC San Diego Health System - Scripps Ranch