About the Center
The UC San Diego Health System’s Center for Endometriosis Research and Treatment (CERT) is an innovative, multidisciplinary program catering to the needs of women suffering from endometriosis.
CERT includes specialists from:
To create an innovative program based on scientific discovery that provides a venue for the comprehensive and humanistic care of women with endometriosis. It is envisioned that the center will conduct research that will help us better understand endometriosis and will shape endometriosis therapies of the future.
- Partner with community physicians and other practitioners to provide the best possible care for women with endometriosis.
- Maximize the quality of life and daily functioning of women with endometriosis.
- Facilitate collaboration between members of the multidisciplinary to team to work seamlessly together in order to provide individualized treatments for women with endometriosis.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research allowing us to better understand and treat endometriosis.
- Energize the biotech and scientific communities to explore novel treatment modalities.
- Advance the teaching of current and next generation health care providers regarding optimal treatments for endometriosis.