When to See a Doctor
See your doctor if you have signs and symptoms that may indicate endometriosis. The cause of chronic or severe pelvic pain may be difficult to pinpoint. But discovering the problem early may help you avoid unnecessary complications and pain.
Some basic questions you may want to ask your doctor include:
- How is endometriosis diagnosed?
- What medications are available to treat endometriosis?
- Is there a certain medication that can improve my symptoms?
- What side effects can I expect from medication use?
- Under what circumstances do you recommend surgery?
- Will I take a medication before or after surgery?
- Will endometriosis affect my ability to become pregnant?
- Can treatment of endometriosis improve my fertility?
- Can you recommend any alternative treatments I might try?
Make sure that you understand completely everything that your doctor tells you. Don’t hesitate to ask your doctor to repeat information or to ask follow-up questions for clarification.
If you seek treatment at CERT, learn more about: