Your initial CERT consultation will be with Sanjay Agarwal, MD, FACOG, who is board-certified in both obstetrics and gynecology and reproductive endocrinology.
As a part of your initial consultation with Dr. Agarwal, you will be asked to complete a short questionnaire regarding quality of life (SF36). This assessment will provide baseline information about your quality of life so that we can monitor progress of your treatment over time.
During this consultation, Dr. Agarwal will listen to your history, evaluate you, and perform a pelvic ultrasound as needed. You and Dr. Agarwal will then discuss and develop together a plan for your ongoing care.
Because it can be difficult to remember everything you want to discuss, it’s a good idea to prepare in advance of your appointment.
- Write down any symptoms you're experiencing. Include all of your symptoms, even if you don't think they're related.
- Make a list of any medications or vitamin supplements you take. Write down doses and how often you take them.
- Have a family member or close friend accompany you, if possible. You may be given a lot of information at your visit, and it can be difficult to remember everything.
- Take a notebook or notepad with you. Use it to write down important information during your visit.
- Prepare a list of questions. List your most important questions first, in case time runs out.