Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Program
Our team of experts provides comprehensive and confidential management program designed for individuals who have had a needlestick exposure or have been exposed to blood or body fluids.
- Comprehensive Risk Assessment and Counseling
- Exposure Information
- Serial Consented HIV
- Antiretroviral Medication Options
- Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Hepatitis B & C Screening
- Specialist Referral and Coordination
- Medical Surveillance for research facilities working with high titer HIV virus
- Educational Programs
If you have had a needlestick or have been exposed to blood or body fluids, wash the affected area immediately.
Report the injury and call UC San Diego Health System PEMP coordinator at 619-471-9210, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. After hours, call or go directly to: