Bridge to Recovery Program Guiding Principles
In addition to full adherence to the CCISC principles, the following principles and beliefs guide staff in the provision of services:
- Recovery from substance abuse and mental health disorders is a long process involving relapse and remission.
- Recovery occurs in the context of secure and stable relationships based on dignity, mutual respect, acceptance, and unconditional positive regard.
- A sense of belonging to a community and the experience of strong social support promote psychological health and openness to new learning.
- Recovery involves an understanding of each individual’s culture and how it affects their symptoms, treatment perceptions, and support systems.
- Each individual must be treated as a whole person, resulting in intervention approaches that must be integrated from a bio-psychosocial perspective.
To find out more information about the UC San Diego Bridge to Recovery Program, please call 619-542-4166.
Bridge to Recovery Program
3851 Rosecrans Street
San Diego, CA 92110