Cystic fibrosis patients may experience a wide range of symptoms related to their disease.
These can include:
- Skin problems
It is important for CF patients to understand their disease and how to best manage it.
We've developed an online curriculum to help! Below is a brief list of topics to review, with some links to more information. Please use this for self-education, and as a stimulus for more discussion in clinic. If there is something you'd like to review or discuss with us – just ask!
- How does mucus affect:
- Sweat glands?
- How do we treat sinus disease?
- Sinus irrigation
- What treatments do we have for the lungs?
- Is there a correct "order" in which to do treatments?
- Bronchodilator (such as albuterol)
- Mucolytic (such as Pulmozyme)
- Airway clearance therapy
- Many patients prefer to use hypertonic saline while using their Vest
- Inhaled antibiotic (such as TOBI or Cayston)
- Glucose tolerance testing
- What is a hemoglobin A1c (glycohemoglobin)?
- Insulin therapy