Nd:YAG Laser Treatment
Nd:YAG laser is a neodynium, yttriuim, aluminum, garnet based therapy using a focused beam of powerful light energy. Laser energy is used to destroy airway cancers or abnormal airway tissue growth, as well as treat airway bleeding.
Why is it used?
- Treatment can be used to debulk the trachea or bronchi of abnormal tissue, resulting in a patent (open) airway
- Laser is an important tool for photocoagulation, which helps stop airway bleeding
What Makes Nd:YAG Laser Different?
- It's a specific type of laser used for airway disease, granulation tissue, endobronchial airway cancer removal, recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP), and photocoagulation for airway bleeding
- It is a powerful tool that allows the physician to rapidly remove diseased airway tissue
Benefits of Nd:YAG Laser Treatment
- Laser therapy in one of several endobronchial therapies that can remove granulation tissue, airway tumors, photocoagulate areas of airway bleeding, or aid in the treatment of relieving tracheal stenosis
Learn More About Nd:yag laser treatment
At UC San Diego Medical Center’s Interventional Pulmonology Unit, the following interventional pulmonologists specialize in performing Nd:YAG laser treatment:
All referrals will still have the option of continuing their treatment with their primary care physicians after the Nd:YAG laser treatment.
For an appointment, for more information, or to find out how to refer a patient, please contact the Interventional Pulmonology Unit, 619-543-5840.
UC San Diego Medical Center, 3rd Floor, South Wing
200 West Arbor Drive
San Diego, CA 619-543-5840