Application Process - Nuclear Medicine Training Program
The applicants must meet one of the following requirements
- Be a graduate of an accredited radiological technology program.
- Be an ARRT‑registered radiological technologist.
- Be an ASCP‑certified medical technologist.
- Be a registered nurse, with at least two years of college credit
- Have a baccalaureate degree with healthcare experience.
- Have an associate degree and health care experience.
- Freshman English
- Mathematics. Mathematics, pre calculus .
- General physics with laboratory, complete sequence (highly recommended)
- Human anatomy and physiology with laboratory, complete sequence
- General chemistry with laboratory, complete sequence (highly recommended)
If you have any questions concerning your eligibility or academic background, please call the Nuclear Medicine Program at 619-543-1986.
Application packets are available these need to be submitted by January 31st prior to the start of the program. Six students are accepted for the UC San Diego Health System Nuclear Medicine Program on a competitive basis each year.
To apply to the program you need to submit an application packet which includes:
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by January 31st of the academic year before you wish to begin. Interviews will take place in March, with notification of acceptance in April.
If you are considered for an appointment, you will be asked to visit UC San Diego Health System for a personal interview with the admissions committee. Appointment letters are mailed in April. A reply is expected within two to three weeks.
You must successfully complete a general physical examination before you begin the program. A physical examination form will be mailed to you with your letter of appointment. The completed physical form and CPR certification must be received by May 1st.
If you need further information about the UC San Diego Health System Nuclear Medicine Technology program or an application packet please contact:
UC San Diego Nuclear Medicine Technology Program
200 W. Arbor Drive
San Diego, Ca 92103