Sleep Medicine Center
More than 40 million Americans of all ages suffer from sleep disorders. Failure to get adequate sleep not only affects our mental and physical health, but also poses a danger to society by contributing to traffic and industrial accidents. Some sleep disorders can even be life threatening.
The UC San Diego Sleep Medicine Center offers a full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with sleep-related disorders, including sleep apnea, insomnia, periodic leg movement during sleep syndrome, restless leg syndrome, narcolepsy, and sleep disorders associated with medical or psychiatric conditions.
Under the direction of Jose S. Loredo, MD, our sleep center provides the following services:
- Comprehensive sleep medicine consultation
- Follow-up visits and longitudinal care of the sleep medicine patient.
- Diagnostic studies, including polysomnography and CPAP titration
- Unattended home cardiopulmonary sleep studies
- Overnight oximetry
- Maintenance of wakefulness testing
- Multiple sleep latency testing
- Referrals to bariatric surgery and dental specialists
- Provision and management of CPAP, BiPAP systems and supplies
Our center also strives to educate the public as well as health professionals about sleep disorders and supports ongoing sleep medicine research at UCSD.
For more information on sleep-related research and to participate in a study, call 619-543-3468.
Give to UC San Diego's Sleep Center
Make An Appointment
NOTE: A referral from your primary care doctor is needed in most cases.
4th and Lewis Medical Offices
Related Health Info