Thank you for your interest in volunteering at UC San Diego Health! We are very appreciative.
The process for becoming a volunteer involves:
- Applying to attend an orientation and getting an invitation to attend. These two-hour orientation sessions are held approximately every six weeks. Seating is limited.
- Attending an orientation. You must attend an orientation before you can become a volunteer.
Learn more about the volunteer application process
Next Orientation: May 11, 2017
Applications are currently being accepted for the Thursday, May 11, 2017 orientation.
This orientation will be held from 3:00pm to 5:00pm in the Main Auditorium at UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest. Address: 200 W. Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103
Please submit an application only if you can:
- Start volunteering soon after the orientation
- Commit to 100 hours of service over a 6-7-month period. We are seeking applicants who will be in San Diego for the summer and fall. No summer-only opportunities for this volunteer service period.
- Are sure you can attend the date of the orientation
How to Apply
- Download and complete the
one-page Application Form. No other application form is required at this time.
- Mail application form to: Volunteer Services, UC San Diego Health,
200 W. Arbor Drive #8959, San Diego, CA 92103
- Applications are accepted by US MAIL ONLY (no faxes or e-mails, please)
- Your application must be
March 30 and April 28, in order to be considered for the May orientation. Paperwork that is not postmarked between these dates will not be considered or retained by the Volunteer Services office.
- E-mail notifications will be sent on May 5, 2017 to those applicants selected for attendance. Please make sure to check your spam folders for the invitation. Some people have missed the invitation because it was filtered into spam, junk or social folders (the majority were gmail accounts).
Directions And Parking
- See driving directions to
UC San Diego Medical Center.
- You will be responsible for the parking fee in the Arbor parking structure. Please allow ample time to find parking.