Thank you for your interest in volunteering with UC San Diego Health!
With the opening of
Jacobs Medical Center in La Jolla, we look forward to adding enthusiastic volunteers to staff this specialty care hospital, as well as our other facilities throughout San Diego County. Applying to attend orientation is the first step of the volunteer application process. Orientations are held approximately every six weeks. Due to limited seating, all applicants must be invited to attend an orientation session.
Next Orientation: Jan. 18, 2017
Applications are currently being accepted for the Jan. 18, 2017 orientation.
This orientation will be held from 3:00pm to 5:00pm in the Main Auditorium at UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest. Address: 200 W. Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103
Please submit an application only if you can:
- Start volunteering soon after the orientation
- Commit to 100 hours of service over a 6-7-month period
- Are sure you can attend the date of the orientation
How to Apply
- Download and complete the one-page Application Form. No other application form is required at this time.
- Mail application form to: Volunteer Services, UC San Diego Health, 200 W. Arbor Drive #8959, San Diego, CA 92103
- Applications are accepted by US MAIL ONLY (no faxes or e-mails, please)
- Your application must be postmarked between
December 8th and January 6th, in order to be considered for the January orientation. Paperwork that is not postmarked between these dates will not be considered or retained by the Volunteer Services office.
- E-mail notifications will be sent on January 13, 2017 to those applicants selected for attendance. Please make sure to check your spam folders for the invitation. Some people have missed the invitation because it was filtered into spam, junk or social folders (the majority were gmail accounts).
- See driving directions to
UC San Diego Medical Center.
- You will be responsible for the parking fee in the Arbor parking structure. Please allow ample time to find parking.