UC San Diego Health sponsors a select number of organizations and activities each year that are strongly aligned with our mission, vision, core values and areas of focus.
The guidelines outlined on this page apply to community facing sponsorship requests that represent the broad UC San Diego Health brand.
Sponsorship is defined as direct financial or in-kind support for special events and partnerships, including support for activities which benefit the local communities that we serve. Examples of sponsored activities include non-profit fundraisers (breakfasts, luncheons or dinners), speakers series and lectures, fun runs and walks, health fairs, and more.
We welcome requests from:
- Community and non-profit organizations
- Cultural institutions
- Professional sports teams
- Education and research institutions
To facilitate our thorough sponsorship review process, we ask that organizations submit only one sponsorship request each fiscal year. Because we will not accept multiple sponsorship requests from the same organization, we ask that you look at your sponsorship needs as a comprehensive, single request for support.
Criteria for sponsorship include:
- Requests must support one or more of UC San Diego Health's major clinical programs, such as cardiovascular care, cancer, women and infants services, and surgical services. We do not support requests for individual or personal sponsorships.
- The event/activity must involve health and wellness that leads to community benefit, health improvement or education.
- Sponsorship of a national organization must focus on a local or regional event.
- The requesting organization and event must reflect positively on UC San Diego Health and must provide appropriate visibility and value-added opportunities for UC San Diego Health, such as logo placement, banners, public service announcements or speaker opportunities. A wrap-up report with photos, samples of programs, t-shirts and any other items agreed upon in the sponsorship contract must be provided upon conclusion of the sponsorship year.
Application and Selection Process
To be considered for a sponsorship, please complete this university-approved form in its entirety and submit it with any additional supporting information to David Mier, Assistant Director of Community Strategy and Advocacy, at
Requests for sponsorship must be submitted at least three months prior to the sponsorship deadline to insure the request is properly vetted. A committee of marketing, communications and hospital leadership will be convened to review, evaluate and make sponsorship recommendations as needed.