COVID-19 update: In light of new state regulations to control the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have temporarily suspended our volunteer program. Applications will not be accepted until further notice.
Volunteers are a vital and valued part of the UC San Diego Health community. We appreciate your understanding and support, and look forward to working with you soon.
If you are considering applying to be a UC San Diego Health volunteer, you will need to:
- Be at least age 16 and older
- Be available to start immediately
- Commit to a minimum of 100 hours of service over a six- to seven-month period
Skills of Successful Volunteers
- Good communication skills in English
- Self-starter who needs minimal supervision
- Good listening skills and ability to follow instructions
- Dependable and flexible
- Positive and professional attitude
- Physical ability to perform tasks at assigned work area