Thank you for your interest in volunteering at UC San Diego Health! We are very appreciative.
The steps to becoming a volunteer include:
- Applying to attend an orientation. These two-hour orientation sessions are held approximately every six weeks.
- Receiving an electronic (email) invitation to the orientation. You must be invited to our orientations.
- Attending an orientation. You must attend an orientation before you can become a volunteer.
Learn more about the volunteer application process
Next Orientation: March 2, 2017
Applications are currently being accepted for our March orientation.
When: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Where: Main Auditorium,
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest; 200 W. Arbor Drive, San Diego, 92103
Please apply to this orientation only if you:
- Are able to start volunteering soon after it
- Can commit 100 hours of service over an approximately six-month period
- Are positive you can attend on the date/time
How to Apply
Download and complete the one-page
No other application form is accepted.
Mail application to:
UC San Diego Medical Center
200 W. Arbor Dr., #8959
San Diego, CA 92103
Applications are accepted by US MAIL ONLY (no faxes or e-mails) and must be postmarked between January 27th and February 18th to be considered for the March orientation. Paperwork that is not postmarked between these dates will not be retained. E-mail notifications will be sent on February 24 for those applicants selected for attendance.
Please make sure to check your spam folders for the invitation; some people have missed the invitation because it was filtered into spam, junk, or social folders (the majority were g-mail accounts).
Directions And Parking
- See driving directions to
UC San Diego Medical Center.
- You will be responsible for the parking fee in the Arbor parking structure. Please allow ample time to find parking.