Pregnancy and childbirth can be a time of great joy as well as apprehension, especially during this time of COVID-19. We want to assure you that we are taking every precaution to ensure your safety and well-being. We have implemented extra safeguards in our clinics and hospitals, including more frequent cleaning, entrance screenings and social distancing in our registration and waiting areas. The following steps are designed to keep you, your family and our providers healthy and safe.
- We may be canceling some routine office visits or converting them to video visits to reduce person-to-person contact. When you do need to come into the office, we ask that you do not bring any visitors with you. See our Updated Visitor Restrictions for the latest information.
- To keep our patients and staff safe, everyone who enters the hospital or clinics has a health screening to make sure they do not have any symptoms of COVID-19. Those who have symptoms are not permitted to enter.
- Everyone who enters the hospital or clinics is given a mask to wear. This mask is worn with every person-to-person interaction to ensure that even those who do not have symptoms will not spread the virus.
- All pregnant women who are admitted to Labor & Delivery will undergo testing for COVID-19 to make sure they don't carry the virus and to prevent transmission to others.
- If a hospital patient does have or is suspected to have the virus, we use rigorous protocols for infection control to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All health care providers use appropriate protective equipment to keep everyone safe.
FAQs about Maternity Care and COVID-19
+ Expand All