UC San Diego Health is proud to partner with San Diego County and the San Diego Padres to operate the
Vaccination Super Station near Petco Park.
We welcome assistance from the San Diego community in this effort.
Prior to volunteering, community members must have a satisfactory background check and verification of medical certification, if application. These will be facilitated by UC San Diego Health.
Needed Volunteer Roles
- Medical professionals (with current licensure or certification) who can perform vaccinations. This includes MDs, DOs, PAs, NPs, RNs, LVNs, pharmacists, and medical fellows and residents. Medical students, nursing students and pharmacy students will be considered.
- Administrative professionals familiar with EPIC and patient check-in
- Non-medical professionals who can assist with observing patients after they receive the vaccine, helping patients sign up for post-vaccination monitoring, answering general questions, wayfinding, restocking supplies, and other operational duties
Shift times will vary, but in general, we will be asking for an 8-hour commitment per shift.
Please note: Minimum age to volunteer is 18. Community volunteers are required to review and sign the
medical attestation form and upload onto their volunteer dashboard for review by a member of the UC San Diego Health Volunteer Services team. A COVID-19 vaccination is NOT required.
Go to our volunteer registration site and click "Apply to Volunteer"
Please use Chrome, Safari or Microsoft Edge browsers. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- If you are interesting in volunteering, please visit our
volunteer registration site (using Chrome, Safari or Microsoft Edge browser).
- You'll be asked for some information, including your contact information, availability, any medical experience, and a consent for a background check.
- We will review your information and contact you when you're cleared to volunteer. Please note: Due to the overwhelming response, we will be reviewing applications based on the roles we need to fill. We especially need licensed medical professionals. Please be patient if you don't hear from us right away.
- After you're cleared to volunteer, you can sign up for shifts.
For more information, please email Volunteer Services at