UC San Diego Health's Physician Network is an alliance of regional health care providers, including UC San Diego Health and its faculty physicians, community hospitals, medical groups and primary care physicians and specialists based in San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties. Together, we provide the region’s highest quality care, ensuring seamlessly integrated services and delivering a best-in-class patient experience.
Members of the Physician Network are part of a clinical integration network that collaborates on developing shared systems, infrastructure, care pathways and quality initiatives to provide high-value health care to patients, employers and health plans.
The Physician Network has dedicated leaders and staff, and its own advisory board including community physicians, UC San Diego Health faculty and UC San Diego Health representation.
Benefits of Network Affiliation
- Participation in UC San Diego Health payer relationship, with the longer-term goal of participating in truly integrated reimbursement strategies
- Preferred relationships with UC San Diego faculty specialists
- Clinical coverage agreements, collaborative initiatives, CME / education and physicians recruitment
- Electronic health record (EHR) integration and connectivity with UC San Diego Health’s Epic EHR
- Opportunity to explore tailored practice support solutions with UC San Diego faculty
- Active involvement in management and governance of Physician Network
- Opportunity to practice in a future clinically integrated network
Physician Network Leadership
Chief Operating Officer, UC San Diego Health Physician Network
Campbell, who has also served as chief operating officer of UC San Diego Health Medical Group since 2010, is a seasoned leader with more than a decade of financial and administrative experience in academic health systems. Campbell has been responsible for all financial and administration functions of the Medical Group, as well as directing the Managed Care Department, developing physician affiliation strategies, establishing new business models, overseeing the selection and implementation of revenue cycle systems and serving as a key member of the Board of Governors. He holds undergraduate and graduate degrees from Texas Tech University, with concentrations in finance and economics and health organization management.