UC San Diego Health maintains the prestigious Magnet® Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), which recognizes superior quality and innovation in nursing care. Our organization first achieved the coveted honor in 2011 and is currently re-certified through 2020.
To earn Magnet designation, hospital systems must satisfy a set of rigorous criteria. ANCC evaluates hospitals based on proficiency and leadership in the following five key areas, considered global issues in nursing and healthcare:
- Visionary leadership transforming the organization to meet changing needs
- Empowered staff properly prepared to face all challenges
- Competent, dedicated, and skilled nurses
- Continued innovation within staff knowledge, clinical practice, and systemic improvements
- Outcomes measurement systems in place throughout the entire organization
To achieve Magnet designation status is a labor of love, a badge of honor and an enormous committiment from all of our nursing team members and leadershp! CELEBRATED our Magnet journey success!Check out how our nurses