Who is your favorite nurse? Nominations are open for the DAISY Award,
an international program, honoring extraordinary nurses at UC San Diego Health.
The DAISY Award honorees are true examples of UC San Diego Health’s commitment to remarkable patient care. These nurses consistently demonstrate excellence through their clinical expertise and compassionate care. They are recognized as outstanding role models in our nursing community, and UC San Diego Health is proud to be a DAISY Award Hospital Partner.
How to Nominate Your Favorite Nurse, Nurse Leader, or Nursing Team:
- Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees may nominate a deserving nurse by filling out a nomination form EnglishNurse nomination.pdf or Spanish Nurse nomination spanish.pdf and submitting it via email to email@example.com.
- To submit a nomination form for Nurse Leader click here Nurse Leader.pdf and in Spanish click here Nurse leader spanish.pdf
- To nominate a Nursing Led Team click here Daisy Team Nomination.pdf
- Please include a brief but detailed story of your experience with the nurse on the nomination form.
- The DAISY Award will be given out quarterly to three winners.
- UC San Diego Health nurses will receive the award at a special ceremony on their unit.
- The nomination forms can be submitted through out the year.
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes, who died of complications of the auto-immune disease Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (ITP) at the age of 33-years-old. During Patrick’s eight week hospitalization, his family was overwhelmed by the care and compassion his nurses provided, not only to Pat, but to everyone in his family. As a result, the Barnes family created a foundation in Pat’s memory to recognize extraordinary nurses everywhere. For more information, please visit The DAISY Foundation.