Scope of Service/Type of Patients:
The SCVC 4AB PCU provides care to adult and adolescent populations. Sophisticated monitoring equipment and specially qualified personnel are assigned to support the appropriate patient populations. The nurse to patient ratio is determined through an acuity rating system and is typically 3:1 or 4:1 patients per nurse assignment.
Patient population will include, but not limited to:
- Pre-Post Heart Lung Transplant
- Pre-Post Pulmonary Thrombeoendarterectomy (PTE)
- Medical conditions such as Pulmonary Hypertension (Prostacyclin Therapy included)
- Open Heart Surgery
- General Vascular Surgery
- Stroke Recovery
- Advanced Heart Failure (Ultrafiltration available)
- General Cardiology
- Ventricular Assist Devices (VAD)
- Interventional Catheterization recovery
Special monitoring and adjunctive care performed in the unit include but not limited to:
- Continuous ECG
- Hemodynamic monitoring (ABP, CVP, and PAP)
- Ventilator Support
- Ventricular Assist Devices (HeartMate and HeartWAre)
- Prostacyclin Therapy
La Jolla: Sulpizio Cardiovascular (SCVC) 4th Floor
Number of Beds:
Preferred PCCN, CCRN, CSC, CMC certifications. Prefer attendance of the Critical Care Internship Program or equivalent. UCSD based Cardiac Boot Camp for all new hires.
Who We Are
Our unit is uniquely specialized in our cardiovascular and pulmonary care. We pride ourselves on our distinctive and exceptional skill set and our focus to incorporate holistic treatments and education for the patient and their family for the most comprehensive healing and support.
CA RN license, ACLS (ART) and recent acute care experience in critical care. We prefer candidates with their specialty certifications (see above) and experience with cardiopulmonary and cardiac care. Must be team oriented and have exceptional communication skills.